- Physics and chemistry of catalysis.
- Molecular design of nanosized and nanostructured catalysts and sorbents.
- Theoretical basis of catalytic processes.
- Theoretical basis of controlling the rate and selectivity of catalytic processes.
Development of new generation catalysts, composites and catalytic technologies for:
- Production of key chemicals.
- Processing of oil, natural gas and gas condensate into valuable chemicals.
- Synthesis of polymers, complex chemicals with controlled properties.
- Neutralization of technogenic toxic wastes .
- Autonomous thermal power generation.
- Processing of natural and plant raw materials.
- Synthesis of medical products and vitamins.
- New and non-traditional applications including hydrogen energetics.